Auction Terms & Conditions
1. In the event of any dispute the Lot may be put up again at the discretion of the Auctioneer whose decision will be final.
2. The Auctioneer may, without giving any reason therefore, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons.
3. In the case of Lots upon which there is a reserve, the Auctioneer may bid on behalf of the seller or may withdraw any Lot or Lots.
4. Every bid shall be an advance determined by the Auctioneer.
5. Each Lot must be paid for before delivery and taken away at the purchaser’s expense before the following Friday after the sale (unless otherwise organised with the Auctioneer).
6. No warranty is given with any Lot, and the Auctioneer is not responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity of, or any fault or defect in, or damage to, any Lot, Purchasers are therefore particularly requested to examine the Lots before purchasing. Each Lot shall be at the purchaser’s risk on the fall of the hammer.
7. Should any deficiency arise in quantity of goods sold, the Auctioneer will not be bound to deliver more than what is actually in his or the seller’s possession. Any variation of quantities specified shall be adjusted pro-rata.
8. Payments to be Cash or Cheque. Credit Cards 1.5% surcharge.
9. Upon the failure of any purchaser to comply with the above conditions the Lots shall be forfeited. All Lots uncleared within the time aforesaid shall be resold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) arising from the resale, together with the expenses thereof, shall be made good by the defaulter.
10. All persons intending to bid on items at auction are required to fill in a bidder’s card prior to the commencement of the auction. Please fill in the cards and agree with the terms and conditions before bidding on any items at auction.
11. A buyer’s premium of 17.6% (inclusive of GST) applies to this auction.
Buyer’s Premium 17.6% (GST inclusive)
Telephone and Absentee Bidding is a service that is provided by Elder Fine Art as a convenience to its customers. Please ensure that all bids are submitted before the auction by a reasonable time. Elder Fine Art will not be found responsible for error or failure to execute bids. Absentee Bidding – All lots will be bought as reasonably as is allowed by reserves and other bids, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the auction. If identical bids are made as others, Elder Fine Art will give precedence to the first bid received. It is the sole responsibility of a buyer to be satisfied with the work or item prior to buying at auction. Condition reports given are the sole view of Elder Fine Art and Elder Fine Art only. This view should not be taken as a warranty on that or any other lot.